Belgium vs Canada Prediction and Analysis Match 9

Belgium vs Canada Prediction and Analysis Match 9

Belgium vs Canada group F match will be played on 23 November 2022 Wednesday in Qatar 2022 world cup on Ahmed bin Ali Stadium. This will the first match of group F. This group consist of Morocco and Croatia besides Belgium and Canada. Belgium is in top form these days and might perform like a dark horse in this tournament. Belgium ranks 2 in international fifa ranking after Brazil who currently stands on number 1 position in the list.

Belgium qualified for the very first world cup which was hosted and won by Uruguay in 1930, but did not qualify for further stages. Then in 1986 belgium achieved 4th position in the tournament, while they reached quarter finals in 2014 world cup and won 3rd position in 2018 world cup. Belgium is the only team who have never won the world cup and topped the fifa ranking.

Canada qualified for the world cup first time in 1986 and this is the second time Canada qualified for FIFA world cup in Qatar. While Canada is qualified for the 2026 world cup as a Host country. Canada lacks experience in FIFA world cup tournament.

Belgium Team Analysis

Belgium ranked 1 in 2015 in FIFA international ranking and they finished third in 2018 FIFA world cup. Current Belgium Squad is very powerful and have most experience players in the team. Belgium current team consist of 8 players who are all time most capped players from top 10 most capped players in Belgium History. Romelu Lukaku is the most goal scorer of all time who have scored 68 goals and next in the list is Eden Hazard with 33 goals, these 2 top scorers are in Belgium current team.

Roberto Martinez is Belgium’s manager of National Team who selected Belgium final 26 person squad. Thibaut Courtois (Real Madrid), Simon Mignolet (Club Brugge), Koen Casteels (VfL Wolfsburg) are goal keepers of Belgium Current Squad. While Belgium have strikers like Eden Hazard (Real Madrid), Charles De Ketelaere (AC Milan) and Leandro Trossard (Brighton), defenders like Zeno Debast (Anderlecht), Thomas Meunier (Borussia Dortmund) and Timothy Castagne (Leicester) and mid-fielders like Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City), Youri Tielemans (Leicester), Amadou Onana (Everton).

Canada Team Analysis

Canada currently ranks 41 in FIFA ranking list. They have a good team and experienced players. Teams consist of goals keepers like Milan Borjan (Red Star Belgrade/Serbia), James Pantemis (CF Montreal), Dayne St. Clair (Minnesota United) and defenders like Sam Adekugbe (Hatayspor/Turkey), Derek Cornelius (Vancouver Whitecaps – Panetolikos/Greece), Alistair Johnston (CF Montreal), Richie Laryea (Nottingham Forrest/England), Kamal Miller (CF Montreal), Steven Vitoria (Chaves/Portugal), Joel Waterman (CF Montreal) and midfielders like Stephen Eustaquio (FC Porto/Portugal), Liam Fraser (Deinze/Belgium), Atiba Hutchinson (Besiktas/Turkey), Mark-Anthony Kaye (Toronto FC), Ismael Kone (CF Montreal), Jonathan Osorio (Toronto FC), Samuel Piette (CF Montreal), David Wotherspoon (St. Johnstone/Scotland) and Forward players like Tajon Buchanan (Club Brugge/Belgium), Lucas Cavallini (Vancouver Whitecaps), Jonathan David (Lille/France), Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich/Germany), Junior Hoillett (Reading/England), Cyle Larin (Club Brugge/Belgium), Liam Miller (FC Basel/ Switzerland), Ike Ugbo (Troyes/France).

Canadian team has oldest player Hutchinson who will make a record of the oldest player playing in FIFA world cup with age of 39 years 9 months and 3 days beating Argentina’s Angel Labruna’s record which is 39 years 8 months and 18 days in 1958.

Belgium vs Canada Match Analysis

Belgium and Canada have played just 1 international friendly match in 1989 in which Belgium beat Canada by 2-0. Belgium is one of the most competitive team in this world cup while Canada have struggled to qualify for world cup.

To secure position in group F Canada should at least draw this match but it is too difficult. Others teams like former world cup runner up Croatia and Morocco are tough teams for Canada.

While Belgium Seems to top group F in this tournament followed by Croatia.

Belgium vs Canada Match Prediction

Belgium will surely beat Canada badly in this game. Canada’s past games are not so impressive while Belgium is currently on top of the FIFA ranking (position 2). The score might be Belgium 3-0 Canada.

Winning Probability

Belgium have the winning probability of 70% while probability of match to draw is 20%, while probability of Canada to win this match is 10%.

Belgium is the strongest team and one of the Claimant to win this tournament trophy.

Related posts

Leave a Comment