Uruguay vs South Korea Prediction and Analysis Match 14

Uruguay vs South Korea Prediction and Analysis Match 14

South American Champion Uruguay will face South Korea in match 14 of FIFA world cup 2022 on Thursday 24th November 2022 on Education City Stadium. This will be the first match of group H, both teams need to give their finals efforts in this match as this group contains Portugal and Ghana.

Uruguay seems to top this group as per stats so South Korea have to be better than Portugal to secure second position in this group. South Korea needs to at least get 1 point in this match to secure position in the group or they will be vanished by Cristiano Ronaldo’s Portugal.

Uruguay Team Analysis

Uruguay is one of the best teams in FIFA. Uruguay is the country who have won first ever world cup in FIFA history, bu the way Uruguay have won total 2 world cup tournament first in 1930 and next in 1950 beating Brazil by 2-1 in final match. Other than FIFA world cup Uruguay have won 2 Olympics gold medal in football in 1924 and 1928 accordingly. Uruguay have won Copa America tournament 15 times in history.

Though Uruguay did not perform well in last few matches but they qualified in the tournament behind Argentina and Brazil. The final 26 players squad have been final,

Goalkeepers: Fernando Muslera (Galatasaray), Sergio Rochet (Nacional), Sebastian Sosa (Independiente). 

Defenders: Jose Maria Gimenez (Atletico Madrid), Sebastian Coates (Sporting CP), Diego Godin (Velez Sarsfield), Martin Caceres (LA Galaxy), Ronald Araujo (Barcelona), Guillermo Varela (Flamengo), Jose Luis Rodriguez (Nacional), Mathias Olivera (Napoli), Matias Vina (Roma).

Midfielders: Lucas Torreira (Galatasaray), Manuel Ugarte (Sporting CP), Matias Vecino (Lazio), Rodrigo Bentancur (Tottenham Hotspur), Federico Valverde (Real Madrid), Facundo Pellistri (Manchester United), Nicolas De La Cruz (River Plate).

Forwards: Agustin Canobbio (Athletico Paranaense), Facundo Torres (Orlando City), Giorgian De Arrascaeta (Flamengo), Maxi Gomez (Trabzonspor), Luis Suarez (Nacional), Edinson Cavani (Valencia), Darwin Nunez (Liverpool).

South Korea Team Analysis

South Korea team first qualified in FIFA world cup in 1954 Switzerland. After that they qualified in 1986 since then they are continuously qualifying for FIFA world cup tournaments. Their best performance was in 2002 world cup which was co-hosted by South Korea with Japan, they reached quarter finals in the same tournament.

Paulo Bento is the manager of South Korea who have selected 26 person squad for FIFA world cup Qatar as below.

Goalkeepers: Kim Seung-Gyu, Jo Hyeon-Woo, Song Bum-Keun

Defenders: Kim Min-Jae, Kim Young-Gwon, Kwon Kyung-Won, Cho Yu-Min, Kim Moon-Hwan, Yoon Jong-Gyu, Kim Tae-Hwan, Kim Jin-Su, Hong Chul

Midfielders: Jung Woo-Young, Son Jun-Ho, Paik Seung-Ho, Hwang In-Beom, Lee Jae-Sung, Kwon Chang-Hoon, Jeong Woo-Yeong, Lee Kang-In, Son Heung-Min, Hwang Hee-Chan, Na Sang-Ho, Song Min-Kyu.

Forwards: Hwang Ui-Jo, Cho Gue-Sung.

I don’t understand why Paulo Bento is taking only 2 forward players in the squad.

Uruguay vs South Korea Match Analysis

Uruguay have played total 8 matches against South Korea in history from which Uruguay have won 6 matches and lost 1 while 1 match was draw.

If we see history of these two teams it clearly say’s that Uruguay may win this match. But South Korea team will fight hard against Uruguay to secure position in the group.

Uruguay vs South Korea Match Prediction

Uruguay will win this match by score Uruguay 1-0 South Korea. South Korea team is very difficult to predict they can change the game at any moment but we cannot take Uruguay as granted.

Uruguay vs South Korea Winning Probability

Winning probability of Uruguay is 35% while probability of match to draw is 33% and probability of South Korea to win this match is 32%. This will be a tough match, so don’t miss it.

Related posts

Leave a Comment