Wales vs Iran Squad Prediction and Analysis Match 17

Wales vs Iran Squad, Prediction and Analysis

Wales will play it’s second match against Iran on 25th November 2022 (13:00 local time) Friday on Ahmed bin Ali Stadium. This will be 3rd match of Group B and 17th match of the tournament. Iran’s first match is against England and Wales first match is against USA. The fight will be for second and third position in the group. Both teams are supercharged for the tournament.

Wales have played only 1 international friendly match against Iran on 18 April 1978, in which Wales beat Iran by 1-0. In past 6 matches Wales have won only 1 match against Ukraine and 1 match was draw with Belgium while Wales lost all the matches. While in last 6 matches of Iran they have won 3 of them and lost 2 and 1 match was draw.

Wales FIFA Squad 2022 World Cup Qatar

Wales manager Robert Page selected his final 26 player FIFA squad which includes Gareth Bale and Joe Allen despite being injured recently.

Goalkeepers: Wayne Hennessey (Nottingham Forest), Danny Ward (Leicester), Adam Davies (Sheffield United).

Defenders: Ben Davies (Tottenham), Ben Cabango (Swansea), Tom Lockyer (Luton Town), Joe Rodon (Rennes), Chris Mepham (Bournemouth), Ethan Ampadu (Spezia), Chris Gunter (AFC Wimbledon), Neco Williams (Nottingham Forest), Connor Roberts (Burnley).

Midfielders: Sorba Thomas (Huddersfield), Joe Allen (Swansea), Matt Smith (MK Dons), Dylan Levitt (Dundee United), Harry Wilson (Fulham), Joe Morrell (Portsmouth), Jonny Williams (Swindon), Aaron Ramsey (Nice), Rubin Colwill (Cardiff).

Forwards: Gareth Bale (Los Angeles FC), Kieffer Moore (Bournemouth), Mark Harris (Cardiff), Brennan Johnson (Nottingham Forest), Dan James (Fulham).

This is the complete FIFA squad for Wales who took a flight to Qatar.

Iran FIFA Squad 2022 World Cup Qatar

Carlos Queiroz is head coach of Iran he finalised the 26 player squad. The average age of the team is 29 years. Iran is the highest Asian Country in FIFA ranking with rank 20. Check the Iran FIFA squad below.

Goalkeepers: Alireza Beyranvand (Persepolis), Amir Abedzadeh (Ponferradina), Payam Niazmand (Sepahan), Hossein Hosseini (Esteghlal)

Defenders: Majid Hosseini (Kayserispor), Mohammad Hossein Kanaanizadegan (Al-Ahli), Shojae Khalilzadeh (Al-Ahli), Morteza Pouraliganji (Persepolis), Sadegh Moharrami (Dinamo Zagreb), Ramin Rezaeian (Sepahan), Milad Mohammadi (AEK Athens), Abolfazl Jalali (Esteghlal).

Midfielders: Saeid Ezatollahi (Vejle Boldklub), Ehsan Hajsafi (AEK Athens), Rouzbeh Cheshmi (Esteghlal), Ahmad Nourollahi (Shabab Al-Ahli), Ali Karimi (Kayserispor), Saman Ghoddos (Brentford), Vahid Amiri (Persepolis).

Forwards: Alireza Jahanbakhsh (Feyenoord), Ali Gholizadeh (Sporting Charleroi), Mehdi Taremi (FC Porto), Mehdi Torabi (Persepolis), Karim Ansarifard (Omonia Nicosia), Sardar Azmoun (Bayer Leverkusen)

Wales vs Iran Match Analysis

Recent performance of Wales in not so good as compared to Iran, but their rank is 1 step higher than Iran. Iran is currently in good form and one of the best Asian team of 2022. Iran has a high profile player Mehdi Taremi who plays for Porto club.

The match will be tens, both the teams have to win this match to secure second position in group following England. This may be a knockout for both the teams.

Wales vs Iran Match Prediction

Wales qualified for FIFA world cup after 58 years they will play hard, but Iran seems to win this match and score will be Wales 1-2 Iran.

Wales vs Iran Winning Probability

Iran have the winning probability of 37% while probability of match being draw is 30% and probability of Wales to win this match is 33%.

Check:- 51 FIFA 2022 Qatar Facts

Related posts

Leave a Comment